Please attend East Lake View Neighbors’ upcoming Community Meeting on Tuesday, September 10, 2013, at 7:00 PM, in the 19th District Police Station Community Room, 850 W Addison. Limited free parking is available in the garage to the immediate east.
Preliminary agenda/discussion items now include:
- City Bike Share Program (Divvy Bike Stations)
- Future Plans to improve Gill Park
- Addison Park Development Update
- 46th Ward – Broadway (Grace to West Sheridan) Proposed Zoning Changes & New Developments
- Wrigley Field Renovation Update (only if new info is available)
- Introduction to ELVN of new Cubs staff
- Wrigley Field Traffic Control and Park Violation Enforcement
- East Lake View Community Criminal Activity Update (Your chance to find out what is happening on our streets and express your concerns to the City.)
An updated agenda will be sent out as the meeting date approaches.
Also, don’t forget: the next CAPS meeting for our area is scheduled for Wednesday, September 4th at 7 PM in the 19th District Community Room. All ELVN members are encouraged to attend.
East Lake View Neighbors (ELVN) in cooperation with Alderman Cappleman’s Office, the Park District, the Central Lake View Merchants Association, the Northalsted Business Alliance, and other community leaders participated in an extraordinarily successful event in Gill Park on Saturday, August 24th – the first ever Gill Park Back to School Bash.
A reason for now having community activities in Gill Park is largely because of the closing of the Chateau Hotel. Thank you again, Alderman Cappleman!
We estimate that 200 plus students and a similar number of adults came to the event.
ELVN managed a table at the event at which we gave away 250 bottles of water, 320 apples, 200 tooth brush and hygiene kits in addition to key chains and pencils received from the Cubs and dog treats to our canine neighbors.
Included at the Bash was an Exhibit showing plans for proposed improvements to Gill Park. Alan M. Bell of Charity & Associates will be presenting the proposed Gill Park improvement plans at our next ELVN Community meeting on Tuesday, September 10, 2013, at 7pm in the 19th District Police Station Community Room.
Our next ELVN Community Meeting is scheduled for 7 pm on Tuesday, September 10th at the 19th District Police Station Community Room.
Preliminary agenda items include:
- Future plans to improve Gill Park (see rendering below)
- Wrigley Field Renovation Update
- Addison Park Development (a pool on the roof? Wow!)
- City Bike Share Program
- ELVN Oktoberfest (September 29th)
ELVN has been working with Alderman Cappleman’s office, the Park District, the Central Lake View Merchants Association, the Northalsted Business Alliance, and other community leaders to initiate new activities in Gill Park (the part of the park to the south of the former Chateau Hotel).
The first event will be a Back to School Bash on Saturday, August 24th from 10am to 2pm.
Future events under discussion include Farmers Markets in 2014.
ELVN will have a table at the Bash. Please visit us to get your daily* apple.
*In case you forgot, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away!”
Mark your calendars for our 15th Annual Neighborhood Fundraiser and Celebration!
WHEN: Sunday, September 29, 2013
WHERE: Murphy’s Bleachers, 3655 N Sheffield
Over the past 14 years, we’ve raised more than $200,000 to directly support good works in our community.
This year’s event will feature a pig roast, raffle prizes, silent auction, craft beer and more!
Get your tickets now!
Event Dates: Saturday and Sunday, August 10 – 11
- The street closures start at 2 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 10.
- The area for the closure includes Halsted from Belmont to Addison. Closures extend to the east or west alley of the following side streets: Melrose, Aldine, Buckingham, Roscoe, Newport, Cornelia, and Brompton.
- Halsted Street will re-open by 5 a.m. on Monday morning, Aug. 12.
- Towing: Cars will begin getting towed at 2 a.m. on Saturday morning, Aug. 10, as soon as the street closes. Halsted will be cleared off first, then the side streets up to the alleys both east and
west of Halsted.
- Parking is re-instated when the street opens at 5 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 12.
- CTA Re-Routing: The #8 Halsted Northbound bus will get rerouted to Broadway at Belmont on the south and Waveland on the north.