Both Alderman Tom Tunney, 44th Ward, and Alderman James Cappleman, 46th Ward are sponsoring Fall School Supply Drives. ELVN members are encouraged to donate school supplies for the 2014-2015 school year.
44th Ward School Supply Drive: Drop off any items below for grades K-8 at 3223 N Sheffield by Friday, August 22nd.
Notebooks, Folders, Markers, Crayons, Scissors, Pencils, Pens, One inch binders, Pencil holders (plastic or fabric), Pink Pearl erasers, Backpacks, Lunch boxes/re-usable bags, Boxes of Kleenex.
46th Ward School Supply Drive: Choose one of five ways you can participate:
- Drop off supplies at Alderman Cappleman's Office, 4544 N Broadway. Please be aware that supplies will not be distributed directly to students from Ald. Cappleman's office. All donations will be delivered ot the schools for distribution to students.
- Drop off supplies at Uptown Hair Cuttery, 4434 N Broadway, during regular business hours, (M-F, 9-9, Sat 8-8, Sun 9-5).
- Shop directly from the Amazon Wish List, and all items will be delivered directly to Ald. Cappleman's office.
- Donate directly to Friends of the 46th Ward Schools through Paypal via the donate link on their website.
- Donate gift cards to Target, Office Max, Staples, Walgreens, or CVS. Please email Ald. Cappleman's office for a mailing address for donated gift cards (gift cards cannot be accepted at Ald. Cappleman's office).
For a complete list of suggested donations, visit 46thwardschools.weebly.com. Donations will be accepted until Labor Day.