Friday, October 7th, Saturday, October 8th & Thursday, October 13th (if necessary)
Beginning at Noon on Friday, October 7th through Sunday, October 9th at 4 a.m.
Clark – School/Aldine to Irving (Both Sides)
Sheffield-Roscoe to Grace (Both Sides)
Addison-Halsted to Southport (Both Sides)
Racine-Roscoe to Clark (Both Sides)
Irving Park – Clark to Seminary (Both Sides)
Seminary & Newport – Com-Ed Substation
Beginning Friday, October 7th at 8 a.m. through Sunday, October 9th at 8 a.m.
Seminary (east side) from Newport to the alley and Newport (north side) from Seminary to the alley
Street Closures – Approximately 3 hours prior to game time
Sheffield (Addison to Waveland) Full Street Closure (Except Fire Lane)- Pedestrian access will remain open on both sides of Sheffield.
Waveland (Sheffield to Clark) Full Street Closure (Except Fire Lane) – Pedestrian access will remain open on both sides of Waveland.
- Expect street closures between Belmont and Irving Park / Halsted to Southport. At the discretion of the Chicago Police and OEMC, arterial streets MAY be closed to ALL vehicular traffic. Please have Photo ID and Proof of Residence available for presentation to either CPD or Traffic Management Personnel. While this may be inconvenient, public safety is of the utmost importance.
Limo and Taxi Information
In an effort to minimize the impact of traffic in the community around Wrigley Field, the 44th Ward, the Chicago Police Department, and OEMC have established the following staging and pickup procedure for Taxis, Limousines and Ride Share Services for all post season games.
- Limousines and Ride Share Services must drop-off, pickup and stage on Irving Park Road between Clark and Seminary.
- Taxi Loading and Staging will be southbound on the 3300 block of Clark.
What to expect throughout the Play-Offs
- ALL garbage baskets throughout the security perimeter will be removed throughout the entire post season.
- Expect an increased police presence during all home games as well as any away game that is considered a “Clinch Game.”
- Clinch Game parking restrictions will be imposed on Clark Street from Newport to Grace at the direction of the Chicago Police Department.
- Expect various media throughout the neighborhood and around the ballpark Friday and Saturday for early morning broadcasts, afternoon/evening programming and post-game coverage.
Game Day Highlights:
Friday, October 7th Game begins at 8:15 p.m. – Gates open at 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 8th Game begins at 7:08 p.m. Gates open at 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 13 – Time TBD
- Residential Permit Parking will be in effect and will be strictly enforced beginning at 5pm. Vehicles parked in violation of the permit parking regulations are subject to ticket and tow. Cubs Night Game Tow Zone is in effect 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Priority towing will take place in all special areas designated as no parking.
- Vehicles parking in violation of parking regulations resulting in a public hazard, such as bus stops no parking/tow zones, crosswalks, driveways, alleys, etc. will be strictly enforced and are subject to ticket & tow.
- The Cubs Hotline is open one hour before until two hours after all home games. Residents are encouraged to contact either the Night Game Hotline, 1-866-427-3869, or 911 to report problems and issues.
- It shall be unlawful for any person other than the city or an agent of the city to sell, offer for sale, expose for sale any residential parking permit, one-day permit, or other permit issued for any other parking permit program. Violators are subject to a fine of up to $1500.
- “Hospitality Teams,” an independent third party hired by the Chicago Cubs, will be present throughout the neighborhood. The teams aims to provide a visible presence in the community and provide post-game crowd observation and incident response.
- TAILGATING AND ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION ON THE PUBLIC WAY ARE PROHIBITED AND WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
- LOITERING WILL NOT BE PERMITTED ON ANY STREETS SURROUNDING WRIGLEY FIELD INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO; CLARK, ADDISON, WAVELAND AND SHEFFIELD.