Nominations for Board Members are being taken via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can nominate yourself or other interested individuals you think would be an active board member. Be sure to provide: complete name, residential address, phone number and e-mail address. All nominations must be received by March 1st in order to be placed on the ballot.
Things to know regarding Board Membership:
- Expected to attend all board meetings which are typically the first Tuesday of each month
- Term is for two year period
- Expected to represent ELVN at other organizations via attending meetings and/or participating on committees
- Participate or lead one or more ELVN committee
- Support annual Oktoberfest Fundraiser by selling/buying $200 worth of tickets, obtaining over $500 in donations (cash or silent auction items) and working the event for a minimum 2 hour shift
- Must be current on your membership dues
- Must reside or own a business within our boundaries: Irving Park to Addison, Clark to the Lake
Election of Board Members
Election of Board Members will be held at our April 4th Meeting at 7:00 pm. Your Membership Dues must be current (paid by March 14th) in order to be eligible to vote. See below for location and membership details. Voting is only available at the meeting, no proxy voting. Nominations may be made from the floor at the beginning of the meeting. Ballots will cast during the first 15 minutes of the meeting and then tabulated during the meeting. The newly elected board members will be announced at the conclusion of the meeting.
Membership Dues for 2017 are due now. You can pay your membership dues via our website or you can mail a check payable to ELVN to 3712 N. Broadway #470 Chicago, IL 60613.
Dues are $10 per individual and $50 for a business. Dues must be paid by March 14th in order to be eligible to vote for board members at the April 4th meeting.
2017 Meeting Schedule
Our meetings are open to the public and we encourage you and your neighbors to join us. If you have a topic you would like to have on the agenda, please send an e-mail to email@example.com at least 10 days prior to a meeting with topic information and contact person info. Below is the schedule of ELVN meetings for 2017. Meetings are subject to change so please check the website or watch for e-mails to confirm dates, time and locations.
Tuesday, March 7, 2017 – Board only at alternate location
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
** No Meeting in July, 2017 **
Tuesday, August 1, 2017
Tuesday, September 5, 2017
OKTOBERFEST – Sunday, September 24, 2017 3:30 pm at Murphy’s Bleachers
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Tuesday, November 7, 2017
** Community Holiday Party TBD**
Meetings take place at 7:00 pm at the 19th District Police Station Community Room …. 850 W. Addison Street
Looking forward to having many nominees and seeing all of you at the General Meeting on April 4th!