Call to Order
The meeting was called to order by President Michael Zink at 7:00 p.m.
Directors Roll Call
- Michael Zink, President
- Mark Lundgren, Secretary
- Aileen Tien, Treasurer
- Patrick Carlson
- Brandon Cunningham
- Maggie Koehler
- Beth Murphy
- Jean O’Neil
- Tom Rothschild
- Jim Spencer
- Marty Wallace
- Kit Welch
- Absent –
- John Fitterer
- Marty Malone
- Patrick Nagle, Vice President
46th Ward Update – Alderman James Cappleman
- He announced that election turnout was high in the 46th Ward in the recent election
- Weiss Hospital will be conducting a health fair on December 7th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. offering flu shots and City Key Card.
- There is a new APP that enables individuals to rent out their own cars . As one individual is doing so with at least 38 cars, the legislature is looking to impose limitations.
- Regarding street and lighting improvements:
- Grace St. – Lighting working
- Alta Vista – Lighting to be less bright
- Seminary & Grace – New utility poles for phones
- 3741 N. Halsted to be reopened in 2019
- Dakin – Industrial Parking signs (from prior land use) to be addressed.
- New 311 system – to be operational by 12/3/18.
- New Residential Bldg. on W. Irving Park Rd. just west of Sheridan – Potential purchaser has discovered structural defects in the vacant building.
44th Ward Update – Alderman Tunney & Chris Jessup of his office.
- Blue Lot Update – Hopefully expects a short-term agreement covering about 3 years.
- Infrastructure Improvements – Lighting, ADA compliance and utility work expected along areas of Wilton and Grace.
Chicago Cubs Update – Heather Way-Kitzes
- Wrigley Field construction renovations are in their final phase this off-season. Expect upper deck construction from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Ice Rink to be open after Thanksgiving.
Kelly Park – Brandon Cunningham
- Hired Mr. Chris Gent, Landscape Architect with Urban Landscape Collaborative, to assist with design concept elements for the park. Planning a meeting in December with Aldermen of the 44th and 46th Wards and the Chicago Park District, and then to be followed by a meeting in January 2019 for public input.
Treasurer’s Report – Aileen Tien
- Aileen reported that ELVN has a balance on hand of $50,914.
- Ideas being solicited for potential donor sources.
- A final tally of donations and expenditures for Oktoberfest is not yet completed.
President Michael Zink
- Mike introduced Mr. Dave Schwab, a representative to present the new 311 system and 311 APP.
- The new APP can now be downloaded
- The 311 Website has had a complete makeover
- The new system will have greater ease of reporting issues and tracking their resolution.
- Go to “CHI311”
The meeting was adjourned at 8:20 p.m. and the Board went into closed session.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Mark N. Lundgren, Secretary.
EAST LAKEVIEW NEIGHBORS ASSOCIATION
TUESDAY, NOV 13 AT 7:00 P.M.
19TH DISTRICT POLICE STATION COMMUNITY ROOM
850 W. ADDISON ST.
1. Call to order
A. Appointed Board members: Tom Rothschild and Brandon Cunningham
2. 46th Ward Update
3. 44th Ward Update
4. Cubs Update
5. Treasurer’s Report
6. Crime Update
A. Thefts-unlocked windows/doors
B. Car break-ins-keep fob far enough away from parked car
7. New Business/Old Business
A. Blue Lot Update
B. Kelly Park-Brandon Cunningham
C. Chicago Sculpture Exhibit-Vote coming soon
D. “What’s the 311” presentation-William Everett Group
E. Next meeting is Annual Holiday Party, December 4, 2018 at Murphy’s Bleachers
i. Pay your 2019 annual dues at the Holiday Party!
9. Closed Session