Follow us, and even share your photos with us!
- Park in well-lit areas.
- Park close to building entrances or the nearest road in public parking lots. This leaves you car in a location where many people can see it.
- If you have a personal garage, keep your car parked inside with the door shut.
- Add video surveillance to the area where you regularly park your car.
- Install a catalytic converter-specific security device, or have it welded to the car frame. You can also engrave your car’s VIN number to the catalytic converter.
- Adjust the security system on your car, if already installed, to activate from vibrations, such as those produced by a saw.
Call to Order
The meeting was called to order by President Mike Zink at 7:00 p.m.
Directors Roll Call
- Mike Zink, President
- Aileen Tien, Treasurer
- John Fitterer, Secretary
- Jim Spencer
- Patrick Carlson
- Maggie Koehler
- Brian Murphy
- Terie Kata
- Marty Wallace
44th Ward Update – Bennet Lawson for Alderman Tom Tunney
- Wrapping up infrastructure projects:
- Paving 3600 block of Wilton
- Clark street paving will complete in December
- Smart lighting installations will be complete by end of November City of Chicago budget meetings are in progress with all areas looking for reductions
- Charitable items:
- 19 th District Chicago Police Dept Coat Drive under way
- Canned Goods Drive at Lakeview Pantry through Nov 22 nd
- Night Ministry Supply Drive for Adult size gloves, underwear, hats
- Bring donations to 44 th Ward Office
- Reminder to call 311 or use 311 app for street or alley lights out
- Question from audience on concerns for parking, police and fire services with additional high-rises going up in ELV
- Answer that the infrastructure plans takes into account increased population
Cubs Update – Heather Way-Kitzes
- Christmas Tree lighting will take place on Gallagher Way near Banks statue on December 2
- Gallagher Way will also conduct a Menorah lighting
- Gallagher Way Kristkindlmarket will kick off on November 22
- The ice rink will be up and running prior to Kristkindlmarket
- Only construction in offseason will be on the Audi Club
Cubs/Tunney Item – Heather Way-Kitzes, Bennett Lawson
- The City ordinance governing Gallagher Way expires at the end of 2019
- A new version will be put into effect to start 2020
- Will give better clarification on public events
- Liquor sales end: 10pm Fr–Sa, 9pm Su–Th (previous was 11pm)
- Day game closure: 3 hrs after game Fr-Su, 1 hr after game Mo-Th (previous 1 hr after)
- Liquor available in Gallagher Way, in addition to beer, wine (previous only beer, wine)
- Negotiating for non-ticketed fans to be able to enter, but not approved at this point
- Large crowd events limited to 5 concerts and 7 other (previous 5 concerts and 12 other)
Treasurers Report – Aileen Tien
- Checking/Savings totals $46.3k, an increase of $12k since early September
- Main Revenue items: $20.6k increase from Oktoberfest
- Main Debit items: $2.5k Kelly Park, $2.5k Chgo Park Distr, $3k Legacy Project
- Ideas for deserving groups in need of donations can be sent to Friends@EastLakeView.Org
Crime Update – Mike Zink
- No Trespassing Signs need to be posted in common areas of apartments or large condo complexes if loitering is an issue. This allows police to remediate the issue.
- A Prescription Take Back Event will allow residents to dispose of expired drugs on Nov 9th with drop-off at Office of State Rep Sara Feigenholtz
- Under consideration to double size of ELVN boundaries with south boundary moving from Addison to Belmont – will be voted on by ELVN Board
- Marty Malone is resigning his board position to pursue public office; the executive committee plus one will determine his replacement after regular meeting ends
- Oktoberfest increased its Net Revenues to $20.4k, which is over a $1k increase from last year. Some sponsor donations are still pending which could bring in another $1k.
- The Legacy Project Gala was a success. ELVN Board had reps in attendance.
- Redefine the Drive – The City is addressing 50+ formal comments from community mtgs
- Green Team is in a holding pattern until the spring season
- The ELVN Holiday Party will take place on 12/3 at Murphy’s Bleachers at 7pm. The $15 entry fee covers ELVN dues for 2020 and food & drink at the event.
Adjournment at 7:50pm
Hello block club folks!
Alderman Cappleman is hosting a coat & warm clothing drive through Friday, December 6. His office is collecting:
- Adult coats, new or clean/gently used;
- Hats, scarves, gloves;
- Socks (new only);
- Warm base layers;
- Lip balm, Vaseline, hand lotion
Contributions will be donated to StreetWise to support their vendors, and to the Chicago Department of Family and Support Services to support our neighbors in need and people experiencing homelessness.
People can drop off contributions to the 46th Ward Service Office at 4544 N. Broadway. Our office is open Mondays 9 a.m.-7 p.m. and Tuesday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 7:00 pm
Join ELVN at our annual holiday party at Murphy’s Bleachers, 3655 N. Sheffield Avenue
- Food & refreshments will be served.
- A $15 donation at the door will include membership to the East Lakeview Neighbors Association for all of 2020.
- Proceeds from 2019 Oktoberfest will be distributed to local recipients.
RSVPs are due by Monday, November 25th to firstname.lastname@example.org
Everyone is welcome—bring your friends and neighbors!