Call for Nominations to East Lakeview Neighbors Board of Directors
We will be holding elections for the ELVN Board of Directors during the upcoming ELVN Annual Meeting on February 4, 2020. Please see the following information on how to run for a seat on the ELVN Board. We hope you will consider running for a seat.
How to submit a nomination:
Email the ELVN Nominating Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include in the email:
- A short bio about yourself.
- Why you would like to run for a seat on the ELVN Board.
- Your contact information – email is sufficient.
- Confirm that you meet the qualifications for running (see below).
- January 4, 2020 – You must send in your nomination by this date.
- January 5, 2020 – The full slate of nominees will be sent to the ELVN membership at large.
- January 20, 2020 – You must submit your membership dues for 2020 by this date to be eligible to vote at the Annual Meeting. Visit the “Join ELVN” section of the ELVN website where you can submit dues via Paypal, or print a paper application.
Date of Election
February 4, 2020 – This is the date of the ELVN 2020 Annual Meeting. To be held at the Addison police station starting at 7:00pm.
- 18 years of age or older
- Reside or own real estate within the Boundary
- Conduct business within the Boundary
- North – W. Irving Park Road
- South – W. Addison Street
- East – Lake Michigan
- West – N. Clark Street
Length of Service
- 2-year term
Fulfillment of DutiesMembers of the Board of Directors must attend or call in for every Board of Directors meeting or be excused by the President in advance of a meeting.Restrictions
No person running for or holding an elected public office shall be a Director.
Note: In the past, Board Directors have quit due to running for public office. If you are planning to run for public office during the 2-year term, please consider carefully before submitting your nomination. Stepping down during the middle of a term interferes with the Board’s normal operations.
If you have any questions/to submit your nomination, please email the ELVN Nominating Committee at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving nominations.
ELVN Board of Directors