Opening Day for the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field
Via Ald. Tom Tunney, 44th Ward
Opening Day for the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field is just around the corner on Monday, April 11 at 7:05 pm where the Cubbies play the Cincinnati Reds. Click here to see the 2016 Cubs schedule.
Please remember that on Cubs Night Games, zone 383 Residential Permit Parking on streets north of Belmont begins at 5:00 pm. Vehicles that are not displaying the proper permits may be ticketed and towed. Please call (866) 427-3869 to report any parking violations. All night games are scheduled to begin at 7:05 pm, unless otherwise noted. Below is more information and tips on Opening Day.
2016 Cubs Opening Day Information
As Wrigley Field is preparing for the upcoming baseball season, expect increased traffic and delivery trucks in the area surrounding the ballpark as well as to local businesses along Clark, Sheffield and Addison.
- Opening Day is Monday April 11th – Game is scheduled for 7:05 pm. Gates will open 2 ½ hours prior to the game.
- Testing for the Video Board may occur on April 9th and 10th from 8am to dusk.
- The Wrigley Field Marquee was reinstalled this week beginning Wednesday, April 6th.
Waveland between Clark and Sheffield will be open to two-way traffic beginning Monday, April 11th with a modified traffic pattern. Please note, Waveland may be temporarily closed to accommodate additional utility work on Non-Game Days.
- Temporary No Parking Signs will be posted on Addison (North Side) from Fremont to Sheffield and Halsted (West Side) from Addison to the alley (between 3600 Halsted building and Whole Foods) on Monday, April 11th from 4pm to Midnight. Vehicles parked in violation of the posted signs will be ticketed and towed.
- Residential Permit Parking (Zone 383) will be strictly enforced. As an added neighborhood protection, Permit Parking Zone 383 from Belmont to Irving and Broadway to Ashland within the 44th Ward is a Tow Zone from 5pm to 10pm. Vehicles parked in violation of Residential Permit Parking regulations are subject to ticket and/or tow beginning at 5pm for all night games
- Residential Parking Guest Passes are valid on night games. They must be properly completed and displayed on the passenger side windshield no later than 5pm.
- It is illegal for any person or organization, to offer for sale, expose for sale or acquire for the purpose of sale, any residential parking permit or daily parking permit. Violators are subject to a fine of up to $1,500 and banned from further purchasing of residential daily parking permits.
- Reminder: There is No Parking on Addison (North Side) from Clark to Ashland from 4pm until 11:30pm during all night games and on Eddy (North Side) from Racine East to the first alley two hours before until one hour after all baseball games.
- Priority Towing will take place in all special areas designated as No Parking (Clark, Addison, Eddy, etc.).
- Vehicles in violation of parking regulations resulting in a public safety hazard, such as Bus Stops, No Parking/Tow Zones, crosswalks, driveways, alleys, etc., are subject to immediate ticket and tow.
- The Cubs Hotline is operated one hour before until two hours after all baseball games. To report night game parking violations and other quality of life issues, please call 1-866-427-3869.
- During Pre & Post Game, at the discretion of the Police and/or OEMC, Addison between Racine and Halsted may be closed to vehicular traffic as a public safety measure. Traffic will be rerouted North/South on Racine and Halsted. While this may be inconvenient, public safety is of the utmost importance.
- To view the Cubs Opening Day Preparations, please view their newsletter here.