This holiday season, remember to support the Lakeview Pantry by donating funds or food items.
The most needed items are:
- Canned fruit (juice/water packed)
- Condiments – mayo, ketchup, etc.
- Cooking oils, salt/pepper, spices
- Toothpaste & toothbrushes
- Fruit Juice (shelf stable)
All non-perishable, unexpired food items are appreciated! Consider donating modest sizes. Several 24oz cans are preferable to one 64oz can for clients to take home.
If you need support or you know someone who does, Lakeview Pantry is here to help.
As the largest food pantry in Chicago, they have served the city’s northside for 46 years. They provide a wide range of nutritious food including fruits, vegetables, protein, milk and dairy products, cereal, and bread.
Their Social Services program offers assistance with public benefit applications, mental health counseling, job search support, as well as referrals to other community resources.
Ways to Get Involved
- Volunteer! Individual and group opportunities available (day, evening, and weekends)
- Donate food, funds, or organize a food drive!
- Visit them at www.lakeviewpantry.org. Sign up for their newsletter and follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
For more information, call the Lakeview Pantry at 773-525-1777 or visit www.lakeviewpantry.org.