East Lake View Neighbors Meeting – September 4, 2018
Posted On September 8, 2018
Call to Order
The meeting was called to order by President Michael Zink at 7:05 p.m.
Directors Roll Call
- Michael Zink, President
- Patrick Nagle, Vice President
- Mark Lundgren, Secretary
- Aileen Tien, Treasurer
- John Fitterer
- Beth Murphy
- Jean O’Neil
- Jim Spencer
- Marty Wallace
- Patrick Carlson
- Maggie Koehler
- Marty Malone
- Kit Welch
46th Ward Update – Alderman James Cappleman
- Gill Park construction nearing completion and will be opened in a couple weeks.
- Recycling at 46th Ward Office: Electronics on 10/27; Paper on 11/16.
- 3660 N. Lake Shore Drive Proposed Development – Owners are proposing an estimated $100 million development to the east of the New York building which would conform to existing zoning in form of a planned development. He believes the two buildings will be 25 stories each and will provide 10% set aside for low income housing. Since no zoning change is required, the proposal will go before the plan commission and then to the New York Condominium Association owners and then by surrounding residents prior to review by ELVN and the 46th Ward Zoning & Development Committee.
44th Ward Update – Alderman Tunney & Chris Jessup of his office.
- The 383 program parking permits were reviewed for 3700 block of Clifton.
- Streetscape and lighting projects are commencing on 3700 blocks of North Wilton and North Sheffield. The 3800 block of Wilton will commence next year.
- Regarding 19th District Police staffing, as of 8/31, is at 381 officers on duty. A level of 400 is the goal. Continue to send letters to the Mayor and Police Superintendent, copying Alderman Tunney, insisting that staffing levels meet their commitments.
- Blue Lot discussions continue between the community and the Cubs.
- Addison/Clark Development – Apartment leases will be opening up in October, and 50% of the commercial leases have been awarded.
- The Ward calendar is out and viewable on website.
- Flu shots at no cost will be available at 19th District Station on 9/20.
- Recycling Day shredding will be held at Ward office on 9/22.
Chicago Cubs Update – Heather Way-Kitzes
- Two Wrigley concerts will be held this weekend.
- Gallagher Way events are winding down.
- Discussion ensued about the problems of littering and long general admission lines from the Pearl Jam concert. Heather reported that City imposes penalty fees for late closings of concerts and funds go the General Revenue of the City.
Treasurer’s Report – Aileen Tien
- Aileen reported that ELVN has a balance on hand of $29,662.33.
East Lake View Chamber of Commerce – Maureen Martino
- She reminded attendees of the Lake View Festival of the Arts taking place at Belmont and Broadway this weekend.
- A new wall mural has been installed on the south wall of the Lake View Pantry building where the prior building was recently demolished.
- There will be another Chamber gathering at Vines on Clark on 9/20, 6-8 p.m.
President Michael Zink
- Oktoberfest – East Lake View Neighbors Association’s primary fund raiser will take place on September 23rd at Murphy’s Bleachers. Final advance tickets are still available and finalization of donations are underway.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:05 p.m. and the Board went into closed session.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Mark N. Lundgren, Secretary.