Prevent Catalytic Converter Theft
Posted On November 22, 2019
- Park in well-lit areas.
- Park close to building entrances or the nearest road in public parking lots. This leaves you car in a location where many people can see it.
- If you have a personal garage, keep your car parked inside with the door shut.
- Add video surveillance to the area where you regularly park your car.
- Install a catalytic converter-specific security device, or have it welded to the car frame. You can also engrave your car’s VIN number to the catalytic converter.
- Adjust the security system on your car, if already installed, to activate from vibrations, such as those produced by a saw.