Saturday, September 5th • 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM CDT
John H. Kelly Park • 3800 N. Seminary Avenue
Chicago’s parks need you to pitch in!
This summer, the Chicago Parks Foundation is leading a citywide volunteer initiative to help keep the parks clean. In partnership with the Chicago Park District and our communities, we look forward to coming together to pitch in for the parks.
Over the past few months, park budgets have been stretched and there are fewer seasonal employees. The Chicago Parks Foundation is providing cleanup supplies and safety guidelines throughout the city to help support the parks’ ongoing maintenance. Please join us and share the park love!
The Chicago Parks Foundation is the 501c3 partner of the Chicago Parks.
How it works
REGISTER TO VOLUNTEER at the park(s) of your choice by selecting the dates/times you will show up to volunteer.
SHOW UP SAFELY! Cleanup supplies will be provided for you onsite, and you can do your part by:
- wearing a face mask/covering (required at all times; supplies are limited, please bring your own!)
- sticking to a group of fifty (50) people or less and consciously practicing physical distancing
- wearing protective gloves and avoiding hazardous materials like glass and needles
- review the full Volunteer Safety Guidelines prior to your cleanup
- if you are feeling unwell or exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms at the time of your cleanup, please stay home – no need to alert us!
Check back on the Chicago Parks Foundation’s website throughout the summer as more parks sign up to join us and additional dates/times are listed, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org about organizing a cleanup effort for your park.