Skip to content
May 17, 2022 Meeting Minutes
Posted On May 31, 2022
Directors Roll Call
- Mike Zink, President
- Patrick Nagle, Vice President
- Brian Murphy, Secretary
- Tom Rothschild
- Heather Way Kitzes
- Terie Kata
- Kit Welch
- Mark Usiak
- Tim Lindsey
- Jean O’Neill
- Maureen Martino
- Casey Hudetz
- 46th Ward Update James Cappleman
- Pot hole patching on North Sheridan will be commencing this week.
- ADA compliance will be coming to Red Line train stops.
- Buses for Cubs game drop off will be going to the 700 block of west Addison.
- 817 W Grace is getting repaved to help with flooding issues there.
- 600 W Cornelia 3 victims of an armed robber. Crime continues to be a problem, please be aware of your surroundings and be careful and attend CAPS meetings for more information.
- Ward maps have been redrawn and have been approved by city council. Maps are now set for 10 years..
- 44th Ward Update – Calvin Cottrell
- Please attend local CAPS meetings. Info can be found on 44th ward website.
- Congressman Quigley – Yoni Pizer
- Government will do whatever it can to isolate Russia to force peace negotiations.
- Congressman Quigley will fight against women’s reproductive rights being taken away.
- Congressman Quigley is working to improve passenger safety on public transportation.
- Cubs Update – Heather Way Kitzes
- Gallagherway.com for full schedule of upcoming events at Gallagher Way
- Foxtrot grocer opening in old Starbucks location on Gallagher Way.
- Unveiling of Ferguson Jenkins statue on Friday
- Sportsbook construction is continuing. There will be some effects to traffic patterns at steal I beams are being put into place by cranes.
- Cubs apologize for not informing neighbors of the flyover, they are aware it startled people and will do better to keep people informed.
- This Sunday there will be parachuting into Wrigley filed
- Treasurers Report
- Around $20,000 in bank account.
- Golf Project
- Golf simulators moving into old Hi-Tops/Harry Careys space just south of Addison at Waveland. Plan to open in about a month. Plan to serve food and drinks.
- Adjournment to closed board session. Next meeting will be held on June 21st at 6pm via Zoom.
- ELVN Board has voted to match funds for the 2-mural project. Funds will be matched up to $4000. Funds will be matched until June 10th.
- Discussion to bring Chester Kropidlowski in to continue to do more with Redefine the Drive.
- Planned Event in Cubs lot will need to be moved to a date to be determined in July. Concept and logistics will be discussed by Sub Committee and brought back to the board for next months meeting for finalization. This event should not be a fund raiser, but should be a opportunity for exposure for ELVN and for community networking.